This article contains commentary which reflects the author's opinion
Get The Real News Delivered To Your Inbox
Be Selective With Your Vote if You Agree
We all want to be free – free to make our own life decisions. We want the freedom to choose whom we marry and to decide whether or not to become parents. We want to make our own healthcare decisions, which includes whether or not to vaccinate ourselves and our children. It also includes decisions about which treatments we receive for an illness or injury. We want to be free to choose our own lifestyle, where we will reside, which career or life work we undertake and the freedom to travel the country and the world if we so choose. We want to be the masters of how we act, speak and think without restraint or hindrance from a dictatorial government.
The First Amendment of the United States Constitution assures us these freedoms with the following language:
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
Not Unbridled Freedoms
These freedoms are not unchecked freedoms. We are not free to harm others or to endanger the public safety. We are not free to commit crimes, smear and defame others, steal their intellectual property or cause destruction to assets or injury to others while practicing our rights and liberties. That’s why we have libel and copyright laws in place.
However, our 1st
Amendment allows us the right to express our beliefs and ideas without
unwarranted government restriction. It grants American citizens the right to
voice any opinion or viewpoint in public without censorship. It also includes
freedom of the press, the freedom for us to practice any religion we choose or
no religion at all. We also have the right to gather together peacefully to
express our common interests and are free to petition our government to remedy
any infringement of our freedoms we may identify.
Conservative is the “Right” Way to Go
I’m here to tell you that if you value these freedoms, if you want to keep them and if you want your freedoms protected from tyranny, then you will join the right-wing conservative movement in this country and maybe even the Republican Party! The reason why is because it’s the Republican Party, whose members tend to be conservative, who will stand up for all citizens’ constitutional rights and liberties. They will always protect your freedoms.
The True History
Founded in 1854 by anti-slavery abolitionists, The Republican Party elected their first Republican president, Abraham Lincoln, in November of 1860. Despite efforts to mislead the American people and misrepresent themselves as champions of civil rights, it is actually Conservative Republicans who opposed slavery and fought for equal rights for all races, while Democrats did the opposite.
Started by Southern Democrats in 1865, the Ku Klux Klan “engaged in terrorist raids against African Americans and white republicans at night, employing intimidation, destruction of property, assault and murder to achieve its aims and influence upcoming elections” https://www.history.com/topics/reconstruction/ku-klux-klan
In 1963, Democratic Governor of Alabama, George Wallace, stood blocking a doorway refusing to allow a young black girl to enter a white school. With the 1954 Brown v. Board of Education, the US Supreme Court declared segregation unconstitutional. Some theorize Democrats flipped to support equal rights when President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, but only 69% of Democratic senators voted for the Act, while 82% of Republican senators voted for it. In the House of Representatives it was even worse with only 63% of Democrats approving the Act, while 80% of Republicans voting in favor.
So the next time a Liberal Democrat accuses you of being a racist, you might hit them with some historical facts.
Liberals vs. Conservatives
If all we all really want is freedom, here are some additional reasons you’ll be freer, happier and more successful with Conservative leaders:
- Conservatives want to empower you to think for yourself, while Liberals want to control you through emotional blackmail to “vote blue no matter who.”
- Conservatives urge us to pursue happiness according to our Declaration of Independence, while Liberals want everyone to be angry, miserable victims.
- Conservatives want people to be responsible for their own success and prosperity/ Liberals make people dependent on welfare and food stamps, thus taking away their pride and purpose in life.
- Conservatives believe We the People have the power to govern ourselves; Liberals tell us we are not in charge and individual rights don’t matter (mob rule).
- Conservatives are proud and thankful to be Americans, while Liberals apologize for being American.
- Conservatives believe in strong borders and a sovereign nation, while Liberals believe in open borders and sanctuary cities.
- Conservatives want free markets and an economy unburdened with excessive regulations, while Liberals push Socialism and government regulation.
- Conservatives believe when good people are well armed, there is less crime. Liberals believe gun control will stop criminals from getting guns.
- Conservatives want low taxes and a robust economy; Liberals want high taxes and a slow economy.
- Conservatives want proof of American citizenship to vote while Liberals want illegal immigrants to vote.
- Conservatives invite opposing beliefs in open discussion, but Liberals suppress free speech and censor and ban conservative viewpoints.
- Conservatives want a free press that reports facts; Liberals want to (and do) control the media.
- Conservatives want sovereign nation states and populist rule (by the people, for the people). Liberals support a one world government.
- Conservatives believe in traditional Judeo-Christian morality and holding wrong-doers accountable (the rule of law), but Liberals believe in moral relativism and that we shouldn’t judge anyone.
- Conservatives are more likely to judge people based on the content of their character while Liberals see everyone through a filter of race, ethnicity, gender, status and politics.
- Conservatives think logically and base opinions on facts. Liberals tend to have tunnel vision and base their opinions on feelings.
- Finally, Conservatives look towards the future with hope while Liberals seem to have abandoned optimism.
If those reasons don’t convince you where you will really be free, happy, hopeful and more likely to be successful in life, then I guess I don’t have anything else to say.
Joanna C. Chestnut is a writer for NRN. She was born and raised in a small town in New Jersey during the 1950s and ‘60s. From 1972 until today, she has raised six children, five of whom are adopted. Having been divorced from her husband of 26 years in 2012, Chestnut now lives in the Las Vegas Valley. In addition to "Liberals Lied to Me" published in May of 2019, Joanna C. Chestnut is also the author of "The 2nd Sexual Revolution" (3rd Edition), published in 2018.