This article contains commentary which reflects the author's opinion
Get The Real News Delivered To Your Inbox
Democrats are Afraid of Losing Again, in 2020
Had crooked Hillary Clinton actually managed to persuade voters in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio that she would have somehow made for a better president than Donald J. Trump, the electoral college would be considered the most ingenious thing ever conceived by man. Fast forward roughly two years, and we are seeing an outright attack on the electoral college simply because the Democrats lost the election. Prior to the election, we were told time and time again that there was no path for Donald Trump to get to the coveted 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidential election.
It’s up to us to expose the left and this devious plan to throw away what the founders put in place.
Not only did Trump hit 270, he blew it out of the water and as a result the Left became even more outraged then they were when people said men shouldn’t use the women’s restroom regardless of what they identify as. And since then there has been an all out assault on the electoral college as the Left is determined to turn our Constitutional Republic into a direct democracy – otherwise known as mob rule – in which the 51% can vote for whatever they want leaving the 49% to deal with the repercussions.
We Are Not a Democracy
The term democracy has been tossed around lightly for quite some time now, and it has come to the point in which many in the United States actually believe that we are indeed a democracy. That couldn’t be further from the truth, and if the government-run educational system taught our children what we pay them to teach our children, the youth of today would realize that we are actually a Constitutional Republic.
While certain aspects of our republic could be referred to as more democratic seeing as local and state elections are often times be decided using a popular vote system in which the person with the most votes wins. That isn’t the case though when electing our Commander In Chief.
Every four years we head to the polls to cast our vote for the next President of the United States, and those votes are tabulated for all to see. But in reality it is a body referred to as the electoral college that makes the final decision as to who our next president will be. Throughout history there have been five instances in which the candidate who went on to win the presidency actually lost the popular vote including the most recent election.
In the 2016 presidential election, Donald Trump lost the popular vote yet won an astounding 306 electoral college votes- far surpassing the 270 votes needed to secure his place in history as the 45th President of the United States.
The Importance of the Electoral College
While there is suddenly much debate surrounding the Electoral College – due in large part to the fact that President Trump defeated Hillary Clinton in the past election- it is essential that we fully understand just how important the Electoral College really is. Had Hillary Clinton won the election this discussion wouldn’t even be taking place right now. Nonetheless, the butt-hurt liberals in the Northeast and on the left coast are up in arms and trying to destroy the only electoral process we have that ensures each and every state throughout this great nation of ours is represented equally.
According to the US National Archives: The Electoral College consists of 538 electors. A majority of 270 electoral votes is required to elect the president. Your state’s entitled allotment of electors equals the number of members in its congressional delegation: one for each member in the House of Representatives plus two for your Senators.” Read more about the allocation of electoral votes.
Without the Electoral College our nation would essentially become a mob rule state in which the masses in the big cities would be the deciding factor in our national elections. This would leave the “fly over states” – as many on the Left like to refer to them as – stranded with no representation.
The whole of the country would be run like the failed cities of New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles. This would result in overbearing draconian laws and regulations spread across the United States. And with a direct democracy, the majority located in the highly populated cities would dictate to the rest of the country how they would live.
As of right now many will write off this issue as a non-starter and some may even toss around the term conspiracy theory, but this idea of commandeering the Electoral College to implement mob rule shouldn’t be taken lightly. It’s up to us to expose the Left and this devious plan to throw away what the Founders put in place, without the Electoral College the voices of millions of Americans will be silenced forever!