‘Out Of Touch’: Democratic Think Tank Delivers Blow To The Party’s Prospects For 2024

  • Post category:News / US News


Get Your Patriot911 Newsletter In Your Email Inbox

A Democratic think tank released a memo Monday that pointed to the Democratic party being out of touch with voter priorities, values and ideologies.

Third Way, a center-left think tank, criticized the Democratic party following a poll that showed a majority of voters did not identify with the party, predicting trouble for Democrats if things do not change before the 2024 election, according to the memo. The memo further confirmed what recent polls have shown, that the economy, inflation and crime are determining factors for voters as opposed to abortion and climate change.

“If Democrats manage to hold on to the House and Senate, it will be in spite of the party brand, not because of it. Despite a roster of GOP candidates who are extreme by any standard, voters see Democrats as just as extreme, as well as far less concerned about the issues that most worry them,” the group wrote in the memo.

Inflation and the economy were the top concerns for 42% of voters, while only 10% were concerned with abortion and 11% were concerned with immigration, according to the poll. When respondents were given the chance to choose multiple problems facing the country, 59% chose inflation and the economy, 30% immigration and the border and 17% protecting abortion rights.

Voters found more ideological common ground with Republican candidates compared to Democratic candidates, according to the poll. On a ten point scale, with zero being far left, five being middle ground and 10 being far right, the poll showed that the respondents believed the ideal candidate was slightly right at 5.6.

For voter values, the think tank reported that only 43% of voters believe Democrats value hard work, less than half, 46%, think Democrats are patriotic and more than half, 55%, believe that the party is too “preachy” or “woke.” A majority of the respondents, 61%, believe that the Democratic party is too aligned with special interest groups, notably ones backing the Biden administration’s climate agenda.

One such example was the Biden administration’s voter-backed Clean Energy Fund, created to bring renewable energy to Portland, Oregon, but after the first round of funding went to “planning,” the fund ended up spending $14 for every $1 of environmental benefit. The administration also offered an incentive for renewable energy production if companies would comply with union wage and apprenticeship demands, effectively satisfying a political ally at the expense of what he called an “existential threat to human existence.”

The Third Way and Impact Research poll was conducted with 800 likely voters and 200 swing voters from Oct. 21 to Oct. 28, with a margin of error of 3.5%.

Is Biden the ultimate embarrassment to our country?

This poll gives you free access to your Patriot911 Newsletter in your email inbox. Email field is required. Unsubscribe at any time.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Newswire
Share to break through the censorship!

JOIN US @NewRightNetwork on our Telegram, Twitter, Facebook Page and Groups, and other social media for instant news updates!


New Right Network depends on your support. Donate now