“Election deniers overwhelmingly failed in 2022,” The Independent declared. “The most prominent election-deniers lost their races,” according to Business Insider. The Los Angeles Times crowed: “Liars lose and deniers are denied.”
Don’t believe the hype. Election deniers scored huge victories on Nov. 8.
Georgia Republican Brian Kemp defeated Democrat Stacey Abrams 50.2% to 48.8% in their 2018 governor’s race. She notoriously refused to concede, despite losing by 54,723 votes. “It was not a free and fair election,” Abrams whined. Her semi-fascism may explain Gov. Kemp’s rematch victory: 53.4% to 45.8% or a 299,583-vote margin.
But other election deniers romped. Indeed, some won landslides rivaling those in North Korea.
- “The more we learn about 2016 election [sic] the more ILLEGITIMATE it becomes,” Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., wrote Feb. 16, 2018, on Twitter. “America deserves to know whether we have a FAKE President in the Oval Office #RussianInterference.”
Despite peddling repeatedly debunked false claims about President Donald J. Trump’s triumph being made in Moscow, Jeffries beat Republican Yuri Dashevsky on Nov. 8: 72.3% to 27.5%. Jeffries is likely to become House Democratic leader and perhaps someday House speaker.
- Current House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also is an election denier. On Jan. 6, 2005, the San Francisco Democrat spoke as Congress certified 2004’s Electoral College votes for president. While Pelosi accepted George W. Bush’s win, she complained that “constantly shifting vote tallies in Ohio and malfunctioning electronic machines, which may not have paper receipts, have led to additional loss of confidence by the public.”
“I say to my colleagues, please do not talk about this as a ‘conspiracy theory,’” Pelosi added. “It is not about that. It is not about conspiracy; it is about the Constitution of the United States.”
Pelosi trounced Republican John Dennis on Nov. 8 by 81.4% to 18.6%.
- Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., opposed Wyoming’s electors on Jan. 6, 2017. So what if Trump entombed Hillary Clinton there, 68.2% to 21.9%? “Is there one United States senator who will join me in this letter of objection?” Waters pleaded in vain.
During 2005’s certification ceremony, Waters racialized 2004’s vote in the Buckeye State. “Ohio’s partisan Secretary of State, Mr. Kenneth Blackwell—I am ashamed to say an African American man—has failed to follow even Ohio’s election procedures,” she said. “Our ancestors who died for the right to vote certainly must be turning over in their graves.”
Notwithstanding Waters’ race-drenched election denial, she beat Republican Omar Navarro this month 73.9% to 26.1%.
- “I have an objection because 10 of the 29 Electoral votes cast by Florida were cast by electors not lawfully certified because they violated Florida’s prohibition against dual office-holding,” Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-Md, said on Jan. 6, 2017. Despite his election denial, Raskin crushed Republican Gregory Coll 76.5% to 21.8%.
- “I object because people are horrified by the overwhelming evidence of Russian interference in our elections,” said Rep. Barbara Lee, D-California, on Jan. 6, 2017 regarding Trump’s Michigan electors.
Lee also opposed Bush’s Ohio’s electors. “The democratic process was thwarted,” Lee complained on Jan. 6, 2005. She also decried what she called “intimidation and misinformation in violation of the Voting Rights Act” and “widespread efforts to disenfranchise and suppress Ohio voters.”
Election denier Lee walloped Republican Stephen Slauson 87.1% to 12.9%.
- “Mr. Speaker, the right to vote has been stolen from qualified voters. Stolen through corruption, through political cynicism, through incompetence, through technical malfunction,” Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., railed on Jan. 6, 2005. Regarding Ohio, Nadler alleged “a partisan coverup.” Never mind Nadler’s election denial. He shellacked Republican Mike Zumbluskas 81.7% to 18.1%.
This should surprise no one. The party that invented election denial enjoys herd immunity against its lethality at the ballot box.
The Daily Signal publishes a variety of perspectives. Nothing written here is to be construed as representing the views of The Heritage Foundation.
Have an opinion about this article? To sound off, please email letters@DailySignal.com and we’ll consider publishing your edited remarks in our regular “We Hear You” feature. Remember to include the url or headline of the article plus your name and town and/or state.
The post Despite Being Election Deniers, These Democrats Romped and Stomped Their Opponents appeared first on The Daily Signal.
- JOSH HAMMER: Mob Rule Is Taking Over The West - April 2, 2023
- JUDGE ANDREW P. NAPOLITANO: Trump Can Be His Own Worst Enemy - April 2, 2023
- SHOSHANA BRYEN: Here’s What Really Lies Behind The Biden Admin’s Icy Israel Relationship - April 1, 2023
New Right Network depends on your support as a patriot-ran American news network. Donate now