CV NEWS FEED // Law enforcement arrested a man twice in the same day when he attempted to trespass onto the Los Angeles home property of independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
“Yesterday an intruder climbed the fence at my home and was arrested,” Kennedy wrote on X (formerly known as Twitter) Thursday.
“After being released from police custody later in the day, he immediately returned to my home and was arrested again,” the candidate continued.
Responding authorities identified the trespasser as 28-year-old Jonathan Macht of Los Angeles.
Kennedy was at home with his wife during both of Macht’s arrests Wednesday.
“Protectors from Gavin de Becker & Associates (GDBA) detected and detained the intruder, who asked to see the candidate,” said Kennedy’s campaign in a press release the following day. “The intruder was turned over to the LAPD.”
GDBA is a private security company Kennedy hired, per The Daily Wire.
The candidate’s statement took aim at the Secret Service and the Biden administration for their inaction preceding the incident.
“GDBA had notified the Secret Service about this specific obsessed individual several times in recent months and shared alarming communications he has sent to the candidate,” the campaign stated.
The Kennedy campaign said it had “over several months … submitted formal requests for Secret Service protection” to the Biden administration. “Yet U.S. Department of Homeland Security Sec. Alejandro Mayorkas has refused to approve the protection.”
“Every presidential administration for 55 years has afforded early protection to candidates who requested it,” the release added. “The Biden administration is the sole outlier.”
Shortly following Macht’s first arrest, the campaign made their third formal request to Mayorkas asking for Secret Service protection for Kennedy.
The request described that the intruder has an “obsession” with the candidate that “leads him to be at times hostile and angry.”
“Please reconsider your decision to refuse Secret Service protection to presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr, and allow protection to commence as soon as possible,” the request concluded:
As the law intends, the Secret Service can help protect the candidate and the electoral process, while also reducing risk to others in the candidate’s environment, including members of the general public.
Macht is the second person to be arrested for stalking Kennedy in less than two months.
Last month, “an armed man was arrested for posing as a U.S. Marshal at an event in Los Angeles for the presidential candidate,” The Daily Wire reported.
Police identified the stalker as Adrian Aispuro, 44. They booked him “on a felony gun charge and held him on $35,000 bail.”
Kennedy took to X shortly following Aispuro’s mid-September arrest.
Aispuro was “wearing two shoulder holsters with loaded pistols and spare ammunition magazines” and was “carrying a U.S. Marshal badge on a lanyard and beltclip federal ID,” the candidate wrote:
He identified himself as a member of my security detail. Armed GDBA team members moved quickly to isolate and detain the man until LAPD arrived to make the arrest. I’m also grateful to LAPD for its rapid response.
“I’m still entertaining a hope that President Biden will allow me Secret Service protection,” the now-independent challenger added. “I am the first presidential candidate in history to whom the White House has denied a request for protection.”
Kennedy is a former lifelong Democrat who was previously challenging Biden for the Democratic Party’s 2024 nomination. However, he left the party early this month and is now running as an independent candidate.
- Exposed: Abortion Conference Identified Catholic Church as Major ‘Obstacle’ - November 13, 2023
- DC Crime Update: Secret Service Agent with Biden Grandchild Opens Fire at Carjacker - November 13, 2023
- Analysis: The Difference School Choice Would Make in Texas - November 13, 2023
New Right Network depends on your support as a patriot-ran American news network. Donate now