YouTube Demonetizes Russell Brand Following Sexual Assault Allegations

  • Post category:News / US News
YouTube Demonetizes Russell Brand Following Sexual Assault Allegations


Get Your Patriot911 Newsletter In Your Email Inbox

YouTube blocked comedian Russell Brand from earning money from advertising on his videos after several women accused him of sexual assault, the company announced on Tuesday.

Five women have accused Brand of sexual assault, rape and emotional abuse, but the popular podcaster vehemently denies the “very serious allegations.” Brand has over 6.6 million subscribers on YouTube and the platform asserts it demonetized him for breaking its “creator responsibility policy,” according to multiple outlets.

“If a creator’s off-platform behavior harms our users, employees or ecosystem, we take action to protect the community,” a YouTube spokeswoman told the NYT.

The women alleged that Brand sexually assaulted them between 2006 and 2013, according to a joint investigation by The Sunday Times, The Times and Dispatches.

“Amidst this litany of astonishing, rather baroque attacks are some very serious allegations that I absolutely refute,” Brand stated in a video post before they published the investigation.

“These allegations pertain to the time when I was working in the mainstream, when I was in the newspapers all the time, when I was in the movies,” Brand said in the video. “As I’ve written about extensively in my books, I was very very promiscuous. Now during that time of promiscuity the relationships I had were absolutely always consensual.”

Brand also suggested the accusation could be a “coordinated media attack” on him.

YouTube previously censored one of Russell Brand’s videos due to “misinformation” and he accused the platform of hypocrisy in its enforcement.

Is Biden the ultimate embarrassment to our country?

This poll gives you free access to your Patriot911 Newsletter in your email inbox. Email field is required. Unsubscribe at any time.

YouTube and Brand did not immediately respond to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s request for comment.

All content created by the Daily Caller News Foundation, an independent and nonpartisan newswire service, is available without charge to any legitimate news publisher that can provide a large audience. All republished articles must include our logo, our reporter’s byline and their DCNF affiliation. For any questions about our guidelines or partnering with us, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

All content created by the Daily Caller News Foundation, an independent and nonpartisan newswire service, is available without charge to any legitimate news publisher that can provide a large audience. All republished articles must include our logo, our reporter’s byline and their DCNF affiliation. For any questions about our guidelines or partnering with us, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Daily Caller News Foundation
Share to break through the censorship!

JOIN US @NewRightNetwork on our Telegram, Twitter, Facebook Page and Groups, and other social media for instant news updates!


New Right Network depends on your support as a patriot-ran American news network. Donate now