Democrats are napping peacefully through the U.S.-Mexico “border” crisis that they engineered. Perhaps these data will snap them from their slumber:
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security reports that the Mexican cartels’ income from smuggling illegal aliens into America has soared from $500 million in 2018 to $13 billion this year — up 2,500%. If these criminals merged into a corporation, their 2022 gross revenues would rival that of — are you sitting down? — Fox Corporation. Fox News Channel’s parent company earned $12.91 billion in the year ended June 30, 2021 and gleaned $13.97 billion 12 months later.
This fact might awaken Sleepy Joe Biden and the lazy Left: Mexico’s human-trafficking cartels are now as big as Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham.
If Democrats still are dozing through the havoc of their no-border strategy, these figures might rouse them:
- Border Patrol agents apprehended 951,568 illegal aliens during President Donald J. Trump’s final 19 months in office. In President Biden’s first 19 months, Border Patrol encountered a staggering 3,588,877 illegals — up a sickening 377%.
- In Fiscal Year 2020, the last fully under Trump’s control, 69,000 illegal aliens were detected on the “border,” but got away into America’s interior. FY 2021 (four months of Trump, eight of Biden) witnessed 389,155 got-aways — up 464%. In FY 2022 (all Biden’s watch), got-aways hit 599,000 — up 54% versus FY 2021 and 768% compared to FY 2020.
- “At least 266,000 unaccompanied migrant children/minors have been encountered at the southern border since President Biden took office, per CBP data,” Fox News Channel’s priceless southern-frontier correspondent Bill Melugin explained via Twitter on Sept. 26. “That’s enough to fill up approximately three Rose Bowls.”
- Fourteen House Republicans wrote Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on Sept. 23 to complain that “between October 2021 and July 2022, more than 130,000 Venezuelan nationals were encountered after entering the United States illegally.” The Marxist Nicholas Maduro regime, they added, “is deliberately releasing violent prisoners early, including inmates convicted of ‘murder, rape, and extortion,’ and pushing them to join caravans heading to the United States.”
- Twelve U.S. senators contacted the U.S. Marshals Service about crooks cascading across the “border.” According to their Aug. 30 letter, “So far in FY22, CBP has apprehended over 9,000 criminal aliens, including 53 for homicide or manslaughter, 283 for sex crimes, and almost 900 for assault, battery, and domestic violence.”
- During Trump’s FYs 2017 through 2020, 11 terrorists on the watch list were captured at the border — two, six, zero, and three, in those respective years.
Under Biden, Border Patrol apprehended 15 in FY 2021 and a terrifying 78 in FY 2022, through August 31; September’s figures will follow. How many terrorists got away? Who knows?
- According to data from the United Nations’ Missing Migrants Project (MMP), during Trump’s final 20 months in office, 712 illegal aliens died on or near the U.S.-Mexico border. For Biden’s first 20 months, that number is 862 — up 21%.
These fatalities range from drownings in the Rio Grande to the barbaric demise of 53 illegals whose four smugglers let them roast to death inside an abandoned truck. Officials discovered this carnage on June 27 in San Antonio, Texas. That day’s high: 97º Fahrenheit.
- Fentanyl killed some 71,000 Americans in 2021, up 23% versus 2020. For those aged 18 to 45, fentanyl leads COVID-19, car wrecks, suicides and every other cause of death.
It’s tragic enough when witting users fatally overdose on cocaine, heroin, or other fentanyl-laced contraband. Sadder still are those innocently poisoned via counterfeit, toxin-tainted “Adderall,” “Xanax” and other phony pharmaceuticals.
Mexican cartels freely traverse the “border” to transport this venom. Biden Democrats couldn’t care less.
Manhattan-based political commentor Deroy Murdock is a Fox News contributor.
The views and opinions expressed in this commentary are those of the author and do not reflect the official position of the Daily Caller News Foundation.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Right Network depends on your support as a patriot-ran American news network. Donate now